Marlow C of E Infant School PE and Sports Premium Strategy
Through providing a curriculum that is enriching, engaging and meaningful, Physical Education compliments the aims of Marlow Church of England Infant school, by making physical activity accessible to all.
The children at Marlow C of E Infant School are enthusiastic about PE and enjoy their lessons immensely. During their time at our school the children develop fundamental movement skills in order to become confident, social and active children. We develop children who are able to take turns, negotiate and listen to others in all situations be it sports or lessons. Our children become confident, resilient learners in all areas by having the essential skills to support their development.
We are passionate about giving our children the best start in life by promoting healthy and active lifestyles. We aim to meet our responsibilities around the children being active for 30 minutes a day by implementing movement across the curriculum, throughout the day.
Priorities for 2019-20:
- Continuing development of subject lead knowledge and skills
- Implement consistent and robust planning
- Ensure the teaching of PE is good or outstanding
- Development of active movement across the curriculum –to be seen by line managers and SLT observations YR - Y2 including Wake and Shake while school opportunities.
- Consider in house sports clubs which are open to all but could target the more inactive of children.
- Consider an information evening on the benefits of an active life style and the medical concerns of not having this.
- Further collaboration with local schools
- Recognise National Sports Week
- Continuation of dance, sports planned activities and investigate the possibility of sports competitions infant aged children could attend and compete